Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Grandfather


My grandfather is more than 80 years old now, he graduated from a famous university in China, and his major was finance. He worked as an office clerk in a bank, then a maths teacher in a high school, at last, he became an engineer in a chemical plant. After he was retired, he started to learn painting, handwriting and seal cutting in an university which is especially for elders.

My grandfather is a funny and humorous person. He likes to praise my friends like this “you are so handsome!” or “you are so pretty!” Most of times, my friends felt very shy when they heard these words.




Grandfather is the best tutor in my life. He taught me swimming, drawing, handwriting, and answered my questions on English and maths when I was a high school student. His English is much better than I.

Grandfather likes cooking, when I visit his house, he will say:“Welcome to Grandfather's Restaurant!” I like all the dishes cooked by him except for fruits salad. :P

Grandfather often says:“No matter you will be poor or rich in furture, do what you love.” I think it is an important reason why I so respect him.

1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

Your Grandfather sounds like a great man!